Friday, August 29, 2008

Teen Entrepreneurs

I love teenagers. They are energetic, spirited, loyal, compassionate, creative, and zealous. I've met a lot of great people since starting my Etsy shop to sell my jewelry and one of the greatest groups of people I have met are teenagers. I had no idea teens would have shops on Etsy, and yet I have met some wonderful young ladies. Pictured are items from three different shops. The earrings are from 2 sisters, Michaela and Susie, who are middle school students in Pennsylvania. Their shop is at http://www.jsjewelry.etsy.com/. The card is made by Emily, who is a home-schooled senior in high school from Indiana. Her shop is http://www.cardsbyemily.etsy.com/. The other picture is from the shop of JustLikeRebekah who is also a home schooled teenager. He shop is at http://www.justlikerebekah.etsy.com/. Michaela and Susie are very new to Etsy so their shop is still small, but they are adding items regularly. I want to commend these young ladies and other teens who have taken the initiative to start a business. One of the greatest characteristics that helps people through the hardest and most difficult times of life is a strong work ethic. These teens are developing their work ethic and are to be admired. Enjoy their shops!

7 comments:

Michaela and Susie said...

Thank You so much!

melody said...

These young people are so inspiring! Thanks so much for sharing them with us, Jane!

Terri Pezzullo - Handmade said...

Jane, thanks for sharing a little about these teens! You did a great job on this post.

Terri

Anonymous said...

Wow, how exciting for these teen girls to have the opportunity to start their own little internet business. I was born way too late:) This would have been so much fun for me as a teenager. Blessings and prayers for the girls. T♥C

My 7th Heaven said...

What a wonderful idea Jane! Great post.
Hugs,
Anastasia

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, Jane ~ You are a great encouragement to us!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for adding me, I had no idea that you did this.