Friday, August 29, 2008

Teen Entrepreneurs

I love teenagers. They are energetic, spirited, loyal, compassionate, creative, and zealous. I've met a lot of great people since starting my Etsy shop to sell my jewelry and one of the greatest groups of people I have met are teenagers. I had no idea teens would have shops on Etsy, and yet I have met some wonderful young ladies. Pictured are items from three different shops. The earrings are from 2 sisters, Michaela and Susie, who are middle school students in Pennsylvania. Their shop is at http://www.jsjewelry.etsy.com/. The card is made by Emily, who is a home-schooled senior in high school from Indiana. Her shop is http://www.cardsbyemily.etsy.com/. The other picture is from the shop of JustLikeRebekah who is also a home schooled teenager. He shop is at http://www.justlikerebekah.etsy.com/. Michaela and Susie are very new to Etsy so their shop is still small, but they are adding items regularly. I want to commend these young ladies and other teens who have taken the initiative to start a business. One of the greatest characteristics that helps people through the hardest and most difficult times of life is a strong work ethic. These teens are developing their work ethic and are to be admired. Enjoy their shops!

7 comments:

Michaela and Susie said...

Thank You so much!

sewmelody said...

These young people are so inspiring! Thanks so much for sharing them with us, Jane!

Terri said...

Jane, thanks for sharing a little about these teens! You did a great job on this post.

Terri

totallycrosses said...

Wow, how exciting for these teen girls to have the opportunity to start their own little internet business. I was born way too late:) This would have been so much fun for me as a teenager. Blessings and prayers for the girls. T♥C

mattscraftywife said...

What a wonderful idea Jane! Great post.
Hugs,
Anastasia

Emily said...

Thank you so much, Jane ~ You are a great encouragement to us!

Rebekah said...

Thanks for adding me, I had no idea that you did this.