Sunday, September 13, 2009

I'm Back!

If you look at the date of my last post it was Thursday, February 5, more than 7 months ago. It has, obviously, been a very busy year.
  • I traveled more than normal going to Florida twice, California twice, Ohio, southern Indiana, North Carolina, and Minnesota.
  • In June my younger sister moved from Oklahoma to Kankakee, Illinois, just 45 minutes from where I live. I love having her so close!
  • My mother-in-law has suffered with poor health for a number of years; in July she had a heart attack and on July 26 went Home to Heaven. Her memorial service was actually a celebration of a life well-lived, and a very sweet time for family and friends.
  • On August 1, my niece Ruthy, got married to a wonderful young man. They both graduated from college at the end of May and he is doing his graduate intership on the staff of our church.
  • My sister-in-law Kris and I have been working on a book about menopause, and are nearly finished.
In the future I may write some posts about some of these events, but I wanted to explain my long absence from my blog!

Being so busy in so many different ways took nearly all of my attention off of making jewelry. And I missed that because creating and designing is relaxing and refreshing for me. During this busy time I did little on my Etsy website. Amazingly, in the past two weeks I have gotten three orders, and somehow, those orders caused my creative juices to flow again. It's been a lot of fun designing some new bracelets. I hope you'll take a look and enjoy these new designs.

As we settle into fall, I hope you'll take the time to observe the beautiful changes that will be taking place...the bright autumn leaves; the beutiful mums; the crisp, cool nights; and the harvest moon. God is so good to have provided so much for us to enjoy. In all of the busyness of my life this year, one of the things that helped me so much was nature. There is a healing balm in taking a few minutes every day to look at a sunrise or sunset and realize that God put it there for us to enjoy. The same is true with beautiful flowers, or deer playing in the woods, or squirrels scampering from tree to tree.

I Timothy 6:17b says that God, "giveth us richly all things to enjoy." I truly hope in the days and weeks to come that you will "richly enjoy" all things God has provided for you in this wonderful fall season!

No comments: